Monday, September 22, 2008

Should I train for a marathon again?

So I ran 6 miles tonight. I ran a marathon back when I was 22. 6 years ago. I ran a small marathon in Amarillo, TX called the Lonestar Paper Chase. It was fairly horrendous. You shove chocolate GU down your throat and suck mercilessly on peppermints and cry and hurt and cry some more and then you cramp once you finish. Sounds lovely doesn't it?
But I'm considering it again. My brain seems so happy to be out near the trees again. I run with the IPOD when I feel like pretending I am performing on American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance. My friend C's friend from LA says she creates music videos in her head. I just perform. Usually someone I know is watching and they're so impressed.
So anyway...
I started up again slowly. 2 miles, 3, then 4...then 4.5...
Then I went to LA and took off Friday, Saturday and Sunday which is somewhat of a setback...but we truly never stopped. I can't wait to tell you all about my trip.
So, I figured that I would do a long run tonight. And then maybe I could run 7 next Monday? We'll see. I'm still uncertain if I want to make the committment. It's a lot of work and it's exhausting and my right knee is still troubling me.

Stay tuned.

No comments: